Thursday, September 23, 2004

And It's Still Fucking Today

Mosquitoes and cold Tecates at midnight,
Can't believe it's fall and I'm falling
And falling and I've been here before
I want to tell you about how mean those boys can be
Leave you dry to bleed and it's nothing to leave
As easy as wiping away tears

Come to me, tell me
All about how you feel
So hurt, confused, and alone
Come to me, tell me
How you didn't want to see
Him with her
And who the fuck is she, anyway?
Come to me, tell me
Everything you don't want him to know
I can keep a secret

You can trust me

It's a rock song,
Doesn't have to make sense
Doesn't even have to make
You feel better
I know you won't anyway
Why waste my time?

Love is a scrap of paper
Put it in your pocket
Next to credit card receipts
And winning lottery tickets
Keep everything that means anything
Someplace safe

You can change the color of your hair
And the way you walk
Your number and all of your friends
Pretend your phone's not ringing
When you know it's me

Words like a shovel
Digging those graves
And it won't be anything
To leave roses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home